- Sesame seeds
- Red chillies
- Coriander seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Chana dal
- Urad dal
Directions for use
- Make a mix of old and new tamarind, the size of a small lemon. Soak it in water and squeeze out the pulp and set aside.
- In a earthen pot add 1 tbsp Gingelly oil , chopped onions and 2 tbsp grated coconut.
- Once the onions are translucent transfer into a blender and blend once cooled.
- In the same earthen pot add 2 tbsp gingelly oil. Once hot temper it with mustard urad dal, whole red chillies, curry leaves and aesefotedia .
- Next add chopped tomatoes and madras /small onions and fry.
- Add a dash of turmeric powder and continue to fry for another 2 mins.
- Add 2 heaped tbsp of the Kaara Kuzhambu masala and fry for another 3 mins.
- At this point add the onion and coconut puree and cook it covered for 3 mins or till the oil separates
- Add the tamarind pulp to make it the desired consistency.
- Add salt and garnish with chopped coriander leaves