- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Carrom seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Dry red chillies
Directions for use
- Rinse 500 gms of baby potatoes or boiled kabuli channa or raw jackfruit.
- Marinate with turmeric, chilly powder, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste for an hour.
- Puree 250 gms of tomato and set aside
- Heat oil in an earthen pot, add bay leaf, chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Add a pinch of sugar to caramalise the onions.
- Next and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, turmeric powder and 3 tbsp of chettinad curry masala and the marinated baby potatoes and fry well till the oil begins to separate
- Add half a cup of water and cook for 10 minutes covered.
- Roll up a bunch of curry leaves and chop finely and garnish.
Chef’s Expert Tip
Serve the Chettinad potato masala with rice or phulkas